Recipe|GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH GUNTHER'S FIERY PERI-PERI DARK CHERRY SALSA
Yield: 1 Sandwich
- 1 piece - Focaccia Bread
- 2 slices - Havarti Cheese
- 2 ounces - Gunther's Fiery Peri-Peri Dark Cherry Salsa
- 2 slices - Tomatoes
- 1 slice - Red Onion
- 6 leaves - Baby Red & Green Greens
- 1/4 oz - Dried Cherries
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Trim any fat off chicken breast, place skin side down between 2 layers of film wrap and with a meat mallet lightly pound the breast until both ends are of equal thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper and grill 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While cooking the chicken breast, lightly grill (toast) the focaccia bread on the grill.
- When chicken breast is almost done, place cheese on the chicken and melt it while the chicken is finishing cooking.
- Place on bread and top with salsa and dried cherries.
- Plate and serve with lettuce, tomatoes and onions (See Picture)
Courtesy Gunther's Gourmet