Recipe|MAD HATTER CREAMY FETA DIP
Makes about 2 cups [a little goes a long way!
- 2 bricks of feta cheese,
- 8 ounces each 3 whole jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup Mad Hatter Hot Sauce
- 1 bulb garlic
- the juice of half a lemon
- the zest of half a lemon
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, crumble the feta bricks. [Crumbling the bricks yourself works best, but if you can only find crumbled feta that is fine.]
- Add chopped jalapenos, the zest of half a lemon, and the juice of half a lemon.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb directly into the feta.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil and mash with a fork.
- You want the feta to be a bit “wet” – I can best describe it as a cross between a spread and a dip. There is no right or wrong – make it however you’d like.
- Taste the feta and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with pita chips, warm pita or naan, or spread it on sandwiches.
- Store it in the fridge for up to one week – I find that I like it best at room temperature, so allow it to sit out for about 30 minutes before serving.
- We also think it would be great with some Kalamata olives.