Recipe|ROSEMARY GRAPEFRUIT POLENTA CAKE
3/4c Corn Meal (stone ground)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp chopped Rosemary
Zest of 1 grapefruit
3/4c olive oil
1 1/4c sugar
4 eggs (large)
1 Grapefruit - rind cut away, thinly sliced into 1/8” slices
Preheat oven to 350F
* Combine corn meal, flour, baking powder, salt, rosemary & zest in a bowl. Set aside
* Whisk together oil, sugar, marmalade & eggs in a bowl to smooth . Set aside
* Grease & line a 9” pan with parchment, sprinkle with 2tbs sugar. Place the grapefruit slices at the bottom of the pan.
* Add flour mixture to oil mixture stirring just to combine - do not over work the batter.
* Pour into the prepared pan spreading out evenly as needed.
* Bake for 30-35 minutes
* Remove from oven. Let sit for a few minutes then Invert the cake tapping the pan to make sure the slices are released.
* Carefully remove the parchment paper
* Allow to cool fully, sprinkle with powdered sugar as desired.
Courtesy BRINS Jam